According to a University of Scranton study, 45% of Americans usually make New Year’s resolutions.

ColemanWick is still busy with our resolution from last year: “We shall endeavor to create moderately entertaining content”. This isn’t super easy, since customer data isn’t exactly the sexiest of topics. In the checkout line you never see research studies selling next to the tabloids (even though “Inquiring minds want to know” pretty much sums up the psyche of a researcher).

Anyway, one resolution your organization shouldn’t just make every year, but every morning, is “We will make informed decisions”.

 

Indeed, one of our favorite management gurus, Jack Welch, said “An organization’s ability to learn, and translate that learning into action rapidly, is the ultimate competitive advantage.”

 

This year, resolve to hire customer analytics firm with proprietary techniques, which presents clear and actionable findings, and with a team old enough to have deep experience but young enough to be passionate about research.

 

By the way, that U. of Scranton study said that each year 24% of Americans never fulfill their New Year’s resolutions. If yours is to make more informed decisions, we can make sure you’re part of the other 76%.